National Trust Community Investment Corporation (NTCIC) enables tax credit equity investments that support sustainable communities nationwide. NTCIC places qualified federal and state historic tax credits (HTC), new markets tax credits (NMTC), solar tax credits (ITC), and low-income housing tax credits (LIHTC). NTCIC is a wholly-owned for-profit subsidiary of the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
NTCIC seeks a Staff Accountant to provide general accounting duties including preparing bank and general ledger reconciliations, journal entries; processing accounts payable, wire transfers, expense reports, accounts receivable, and payroll.
The Staff Accountant will also assist the Accounting Manager and VP of Finance with audit support preparation and other duties as assigned.
Provide the following duties for NTCIC, its subsidiaries, and affiliated entities:
- Maintain accounting in Intacct (accounting software)
- Prepare monthly bank and other general ledger reconciliation
- Prepare journal entries
- Process accounts payable, employee expense reports, and accounts receivable, including the preparation of invoices and checks
- Process bi-weekly payroll (using ADP) and maintain appropriate personnel records
- Assist with 401K administration
- Provide accounting support related to the completion of audit and tax services
- Maintain paper and electronic files of accounting records.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business is required.
- Entry-level accounting experience required.
- CPA preferred.
- Must be PC proficient.
- Experience with accounting systems and experience with Microsoft Excel and Word required.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and experience with V Lookups desirable.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and be able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively with other members of a team.
- Healthcare, vision, and dental benefits 80% covered by NTCIC
- 401k Plan (includes Safe Harbor 5%)
- Generous paid sick leave and vacation leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term Disability
- Group Term Life Insurance paid by NTCIC
- Annual Performance Bonus
To apply for this position, click here or email your resume in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt, .rtf, .html, or .ascii format to 1089947-CSfirstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to enclose a cover letter, please include it in the body of your email message.
National Trust Community Investment Corporation (NTCIC) offers a progressive work environment, competitive pay, and an excellent benefits package including; medical, dental, vision, paid-time-off, life/disability insurance, commuter flex accounts, and a 401(k). NTCIC is an equal opportunity organization and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability NTCIC actively seeks opportunities to include members of these groups in its programs and activities.