PREPARE FOR YOUR NEXT HISTORIC OR NEW MARKET TAX CREDIT PROJECT
As experts in historic preservation, NTCIC has curated a selection of resources and helpful tips for first-time preservationists, local preservation initiatives, and projects expecting a total renovation cost of less than $5 million.
First, contact your State Historic Preservation Office to discuss your project and learn about your local jurisdiction’s process.
- Learn more about New Market Tax Credits (NMTC).
- Learn more about Historic Tax Credits (HTC).
- Learn more about the National Trust of Historic Preservation.
- Watch NTCIC’s webinar series to learn more about tax credits and investing in your main street.
- Surround yourself with a winning team: Reach out to your experienced historic preservation consultant and/or NMTC consultant, be sure to discuss your project with a tax accountant and tax attorney with NMTC/HTC experience. Be sure consultants you engage only get paid when the project closes!
- Projects considering NMTCs should check if they’re in an eligible census tract.
- HTC Projects need to complete Part 1 of the National Park Service Historic Preservation Certification Application application.